Born Derek Amoah Asare , he is known in showbiz as Drvmroll and is a tema based music producer.
Drvmroll was initially a beat-making duo that started out early 2010 but disbanded 2 years later. One member however decided to carry the mantle, as he believes he can propagate the name and initial dream into reality.
Genres: Afro pop, Hip Hop, R&B, EDM
Drvmroll Completed senior high education at Labone Senior High and is currently a final year Graphic Design student at Radford University College and hence comes as no surprise that he branded Drvmroll himself.
He was initiated into producing mainly for himself & crew of budding artists/poets/writers including “The Khidz Next Door” and Haywaya – currently recognized as the “Hausa Rap God”, signed under One Nation Entertainment (Efya’s management label) being a co-member.
- He scored production credit on short film ‘On Monday Of Last Week‘, which was nominated for Best Short Film at CinemAfrica Film Festival’s 20th Anniversary Edition in Sweden.
- He Scored Production Credit In Black Historical Fantasy Film ‘Forever Tree’
- Drvmroll produced 0106 [Intro] and Buzz off Jayso’s 0106 EP [Vol.2]
- He teams up with iLLKeyz to produce ” Ice Prince – Seasons” .
- He produced Atlantis Nights and Mrs. off J.Town ‘s ” Flights From MySoul “ EP
- He produced B.E.A.R , Nowhere Cool , Now here Cool , Hand Dey Go, Hand Dey Come , Simple Love with OT- Guitarist, Damn You Rafiki and co-produced Goodbye off Manifest’s NowhereCool Ablum
- 2015 – Drvmroll surprised skeptics by producing EL ‘s “King without a Crown” and “All Black” featuring Joey B and Pappy Kojo on E.L’s BAR2 mixtape. Both records made it as singles & were accompanied by videos with Drvmroll himself making an appearance in the visual of “King Without a crown”.
- 2014 – Drvmroll caught his break late 2014 producing “Oluwa Is Involved” for Sarkodie featuring R2beez (Paedae).
* He supposedly has a couple more unreleased projects with Sarkodie as well we need to look out for.
Internationally , Kanye West’s music has been his inspiration from day one and still is. As well as Jon Bellion, Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Boi-1da, Ryan Leslie & Ryan Lewis.
Locally, none other than Killbeatz, Sarz, King illkeyz & Legendary beatz.
I am not just a hip hop beat maker/producer. Even as an artiste I am no fan of limiting myself to a specific genre. Certain factors are slowing my work pace; my life as a student & running into a system malfunction not long ago losing a handful of projects but I am going to catch on and do this all day. I plan to work with everyone who wants to make good music.
YOU'LL LOVE THESE AS WELL
Beatz Nation Producers' Corner - Episode 1