Wendy Adoo, popularly known by the mononym Wendy Shay, is a Ghanaian Afropop and Afrobeat singer.
Born to Mr & Mrs Addo on the February 20th,1996 in Kwahu, a suburb of the Eastern Region of Ghana. After the death of her father, she relocated to Germany with her three siblings.Wendy passion for music developed shortly after losing her father at the age of 4 years old.
She attended Morning Star and St. Martins De Porres in Accra before relocating to Germany where she continued her education from grade 7(JHS 1). She also attended music school in Bernhausen in Germany.
Wendy is a Nurse by profession. But was later trained as a Midwife on the clinical field. She was practicing midwifery until she relocated to Ghana.
She was introduced to music by Rufftown records Manager Bullet and signed in January 2018.On 1 June 2018, Wendy Shay released her debut single “Uber Driver”, produced by MOG Beatz. The song was released together with the official video the same day.
Wendy Shay has performed at several events including Miss Ghana 2018 Finals, RTP Awards Africa 2018, BF Suma Ghana Connect 18 concert.
- “Uber Driver”
- “Bedroom Commando”
- “Psalm 35”(featuring Kumai Eugue, Sarkodie)
- “The Boy Is Mine” (featuring Eno Barony)
and many more …
Awards and nominations
- 2018 ‘Ghana-Naija Showbiz Awards’ Best New Artiste of the year
- 2018 ‘Ghana Music Awards SA’ New Artiste of the Year
- 2018 ‘MuseAfrica’s “Bangerz of the Quarter” Awards’ Afrobeats Artiste of the Year
- 2018 ‘MuseAfrica’s “Bangerz of the Quarter” Awards’ Song of the Quarter
- 2018 ‘Eastern Music Awards’ Female Vocalist of the Year, Artist of the Year, Music Video of the Year